I design learning processes where we can all learn from each other, where synergy is created and where all people feel connected, transformed and empowered to take action.
I facilitate dialogue and learning through adult learning, participatory, and arts-based group processes designed to recognize participants’ expertise and to enhance learning in areas such as leadership, conflict resolution, group facilitation skills, diversity and inclusivity, systems thinking, and other organizational development topics.
If you want to know more about how I can support your group or organization please contact me. Thanks!
2016-2018. Concepts and Theories of Leadership in Organizations. School of Leadership Studies.
2017-2018. Tourism Leadership. School of Tourism and Hospitality Management.
2016-2017. Strategic planning, decision-making and evaluation. School of Leadership Studies.
Fall 2016. Interpersonal Communication Across Cultures. School of Communication and Culture.
Summer 2014. Interpersonal Communication Across Cultures. School of Communication and Culture.
Fall Semester 2013. Technology and Society. International Study Centre.
2015-2016. Guest Speaker. Educational Psychology & Leadership Studies. Group Counselling. Guest Speaker (Topic: Participatory Arts-Based Group Processes).
2014. Guest Speaker. Indigenous Education. EȽ TELNIWT and Aboriginal Education. Guest Speaker (Topic: Transformational Theatre Tools).
2006-2009 Taught tutorials for Leadership Placement 450PHE, Faculty of Physical Education and Health, University of Toronto.
2009 Taught tutorials for Health Informatics Practicum, Master of Health Informatics, University of Toronto.
Presentations and Workshops
- How to be an agent of Social Change. Climate Change: Science, Politics and Society. Vancouver Island University, April 2013. Co-facilitated with Reuven Sussman.
- Advocating for Social Justice: Tapping into our collective power through the arts. Provost’s Diversity Research Forum. University of Victoria, 2012.
- Team Building, Software Engineering Global Interaction Lab, University of Victoria, 2012.
- Forum Theatre, Faculty of Law, University of Victoria, 2011.
- Leadership through the Arts: A hands-on workshop in arts-based research, education and community development. University of Victoria, 2011.
- Spectrum Job Search Society, Victoria, B.C., 2011, “Theatre Works”.
- Training for the Ministry of Education, Guanajuato, Mexico, 2010, “Communication and Collaboration”.
- Facilitated the Environmental Justice and Sustainability Unconference, University of Toronto, 2010.
- Lead with Pride, University of Toronto, 2010, “Perspectives on Relational Leadership”.
- Toronto Catholic District School Board Gifted Conference, 2010, “Climate Change and the Call To Action: How You Can Make a Difference”.
- Leadership Institute, University of Toronto, 2008-2010, “Creative Facilitation Training for Trainers”.
- Canadian Conference on Student Leadership, York University, 2009, “Transformations: Reflection for Action”.
- Power Shift Conference, Ottawa, 2009, “Perspectives on Leadership for Social Change”; “Leading through Conflict;” “Facilitative Leadership”.
- Teaching and Learning Symposium, University of Toronto, 2009, “Training the Trainers: Preparing U of T Students as Agents of Change”.
- Teaching and Learning Symposium, University of Toronto, 2009, “Developing Effective Group Leadership through Course Projects”.
- Summer Institute on Leadership Development, University of Toronto, 2009, “Leadership Identity Development Model”.
- Garfield Weston Award Leadership Conference, Toronto, 2009, “Transformations: Reflection for Action”.
- Central Residence Life Staff Training, University of Toronto, 2006-2009, “Conflict Resolution Skills”.
- National Training for Trainers, Tecnológico de Monterrey, 2008, “Image Theatre”, “Social Responsibility”, “Leadership for Change”.
- Cluster Facilitator. LeaderShape National Session, Champaign, Illinois, USA, 2007.
Canadian Association of College and University Student Services Association, co-presented at the 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2013, and 2015 Conferences:
- Whole Systems Thinking and Design: Engaging Internal and External Community Consultants to Enrich Student Life Programs and Services – CACUSS 2015
- Developing Leadership Capacity in University Students through Arts-based Learning -CACUSS 2013
- Learning with Passion. Arts-based Approaches to Creating Engaging Environments -CACUSS 2013
- Taking Action! Integrating CACUSS membership in the creation of the leadership development knowledge community – CACUSS 2009
- Breaking Silos in Higher Education: The Development of the Student Life Professionals Network- CACUSS 2008
- Developing Student Involvement Online- CACUSS 2007
- Making the Most of Cultural Diversity- CACUSS 2006
Tecnológico de Monterrey (1997-2003)
- 2001–2003 Humanities High School Teacher. Tecnológico de Monterrey, Campus Leon, Mexico. Received award for outstanding teaching.
- Facilitated team-building workshops for orientation, recruitment and academic programs. Facilitated workshops and retreats for high school and undergraduate students.
- Developed and facilitated Programa Águilas and Programa Carnero