- Master of Arts in Leadership Studies at the University of Victoria. June 2013. Thesis: An arts-based approach to developing systems thinking in student leadership programs.
- Master in Education. Graduated with honours from Tecnológico de Monterrey. May 2006. Thesis: Measuring the State of Leadership Development and Social Responsibility of Student Leaders at the University of Toronto.
- B. Sc. in Information Systems Engineering. Graduated with honours from Tecnológico de Monterrey Campus León. December 2000.
- Colegio Miraflores, León. 1993-1996. Obtained ESL Teacher’s Diploma.
- Colegio Guadalupe. Mexico City. 1984-1993
- 2012-2013 Muriel Beverley Vaio Law Scholarship, University of Victoria
- 2010-2012 University of Victoria Fellowship
- 2009: Stepping Up Award for the Leadership Educators and Resources Network initiative at the University of Toronto
- 2002-2003: Awarded recognition for outstanding teaching at Tecnológico de Monterrey. High School level.
- 2011-2012: Workshop Facilitator. Social Intervention to Increase Recycling Behaviour. University of Victoria
- 2010: Research Assistant. Beyond the Classroom Walls Research Study. Exploring the effects and experiences of pre-service teachers engaged in alternative practices. University of Victoria
- 2010-2011: Student Leadership Knowledge Community Project Facilitator. Student Affairs and Services Association.
- 2006-2008: Secretary. Student Life Professionals’ Network, University of Toronto
- 2007: Cluster Facilitator. LeaderShape National Session, Champaign, Illinois, USA
- 2004: Research Assistant. Assessment of Reading Difficulties of ESL Children. OISE/UT
- 2002–2003: High School Counsellor. Tecnológico de Monterrey, Campus Leon
- 2001–2003: Human Development High School Instructor. Tecnológico de Monterrey, Campus Leon
- Summer 2003: Summer Camp Coordinator, Tecnológico de Monterrey, Campus Leon
- 1997-2000: Student Affairs Assistant. Tecnológico de Monterrey, Campus Leon
- Summer 1999: Summer Camp Counsellor Coordinator, Tecnológico de Monterrey, Campus Leon
- Summer 1997 & 1998: Summer Camp Counsellor, Tecnológico de Monterrey, Campus Leon
- 2016. Liberating Structures Workshop. Royal Roads University.
- 2016. Facilitating Learning Online. CTET. Royal Roads University.
- 2014. Instructional Skills Workshop. Royal Roads University.
- 2014. Corporations in our Heads Skills Transfer Training. Theatre for Living, Vancouver, B.C.
- 2012. Theatre for Living Training Workshop. Vancouver, B.C.
- 2010-2011. Learning and Teaching Centre, University of Victoria.
- 2010: Creative Facilitation. The Power of Hope, Victoria, B.C.
- 2009-2010: Centre for Teaching Support and Innovation, University of Toronto
- 2009: Summer Institute on Leadership Development, University of Toronto
- 2009: Academic Writing, Continuing Studies, University of Toronto
- 2009: Toronto Community Development Institute
- 2008: Leadership Educators Institute, University of Maryland
- 2008: Transforming Leadership: Responding to the Future’s Call, OISE
- 2008: Canadian Institute of Student Leadership, McMaster University
- 2007: Adobe In Design, Organizational Development and Training Centre
- 2007: Learning Outcomes, Keeling and Associates
- 2006: Mediation Training, St. Stephen’s Conflict Resolution Centre
- 2006: Project Management, Staff Development Centre, University of Toronto
- 2005: Facilitation of Forum Theatre, Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, University of Toronto
- 2005: Facilitation of Communication and Conflict Resolution Skills Workshop, St. Stephen’s Conflict Resolution Centre
- 2005: Facilitation of Group Coordination and Facilitation Skills Workshop, Leadership Institute, Office of Student Affairs, University of Toronto
- 2004-2005: Enhancing the Student Experience Certificate, Staff Development Centre, University of Toronto
- 2002: Cooperative Learning Technique, Tecnológico de Monterrey, Campus Leon
Professional Development at Tecnológico de Monterrey 2001-2003
- Autoconocimiento como primer paso para el desarrollo personal
- Modelo de Liderazgo de la Dirección de Programas de Apoyo a la Misión
- Desarrollo de actitudes de calidad en el servicio
- Psicología del adolescente
- Diplomado en Asesoría y Orientación Educativa
- Anorexia y Bulimia
- Técnicas de Juntas de Trabajo
- Curso Blackboard
- Inteligencia Emocional
- Seminario SER TEC
- Certificado en Aprendizaje Colaborativo
- Capacitación y Actualización del Programa Águilas
- 2015: Co-Producer, maladjusted. Theatre for Living Tour 2015
- 2015-2016: Doing Good For Nothing Victoria
- Teachers’ Assistant. Inter-Cultural Association of Greater Victoria
- 2013: Co-Producer. Corporations in our Heads Victoria Tour
- 2013: From the heart. Enter into a journey of reconciliation
- 2010-2011: Volunteer for Transition Victoria and LifeCycles Fruit Tree Project
- 2010: Volunteer for Hot Yam!
- 2009: Neighbourhood coordinator for FoodShare
- 2009: Volunteer for Habitat for Humanity, UofT staff days of service
- 2008: Volunteer, Learning Democracy by Doing Conference, OISE
- 2008: Translator of Plan‘s Youth Delegation documents related to the XVII International AIDS Conference
- 2006: Global Village Volunteer, XVI International AIDS Conference
- 2005: President. Ex-A-Tec Alumni Association of Canada. Worked in collaboration with the Alumni Association to develop the 2005 and 2010 national surveys. Encuesta Ex-A-Tec Canada 2005 y Encuesta Ex-A-Tec Canada 2010.
- 2004: Representative of Toronto’s Mexican Community, XIX Conference on Community Leaders of the United States and Canada, Mexican Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- 2004: Co-mentor, World Youth Centre
- 1998: Volunteers’ Coordinator, First National Event of Group Sports, Special Olympics Mexico
- Business Process Analyst. AGA Water Plant.
- Business Process Analyst. Promorreal Real State
- Training. Sales Department. Hotel Real de Minas
Undergraduate Student Involvement
- 1999–2000. Elected Vice-President, Information Systems Engineering Student Society. Tecnológico de Monterrey, Campus Leon
- 1998–1999. Coordinator, Prolíder (Leadership Development Campus Group) Tecnológico de Monterrey, Campus Leon
- 1998. Volunteers’ Coordinator, First National Event of Group Sports, Special Olympics Mexico
1999-2000.Women’s Soccer Varsity Team, Tecnológico de Monterrey, Campus Leon
- 1997–2000. Theatre Group. Tecnológico de Monterrey, Campus Leon
- 1996–2000. Member of Prolíder (Leadership Development Campus Group). Tecnológico de Monterrey, Campus Leon
- 1996–1998. Athletics Varsity Team, Tecnológico de Monterrey, Campus Leon
Relevant Training and Education
- Spring 2017. Inter-disciplinary Theatre Making Workshop. Belfry Theatre
- Summer 2012: Theatre for Living Training Workshop Level one, Vancouver, B.C.
- Winter 2011: Cultural Leadership and Social Learning through the Arts, University of Victoria
- Fall 2010: Creative Facilitation, Power of Hope, Victoria
- Fall 2009: Improv, Hart House, University of Toronto
- Winter 2008: Voice Training, Equity Showcase Theatre, Toronto
- Summer 2007: The Art of Acting, Equity Showcase Theatre, Toronto
- Summer 2005: Popular Theatre Training, OISE, University of Toronto
- Summer 1999: Voice Training organized by ITESM, Mexico
Facilitation Experience (Forum and Image Theatre)
- Image Theatre & Leadership Facilitation. Centre for Asia-Pacific Initiatives. University of Victoria.
- Facilitation. Diversity and Diverse-ability. Intercultural Association of Greater Victoria
- Facilitation. Changing the Lens: A UBC Forum Theatre Project.
- Forum Theatre Facilitation. Faculty of Law. University of Victoria.
- Leadership through the Arts: A hands-on workshop in arts-based research, education and community development.
- Spectrum Job Search Society, Victoria, Canada.
- Ministry of Education, Guanajuato, Mexico.
- Arts-based Facilitation I and II, University of Toronto.
- Lead with Pride, University of Toronto.
- Leadership Institute, University of Toronto.
- Garfield Weston Award Leadership Conference, Toronto.
- Carnero National Training for Trainers, ITESM, Mexico.
- Summer Mentorship Leadership Institute, University of Toronto.
- Diversity Educators Training, University of Toronto.
- ¿Qué Pasa? Troupe, Ruckus Conference, Toronto.
Luna Negra Theatre Group, Mexico
2001-2002 Historias para ser contadas (Played various characters)
Monterrey Institute of Technology and Higher Education (ITESM), Mexico:
1999-2000 MacBeth (played First Witch)
2000 The Fifteen Minute Hamlet (played The Ghost)
2000 A Christmas Carol (played Town woman)
1999-2000 The Good Person of Szechwan (played Shen The, won regional award for best actress in a leading role)
1998-1999 Jesus Christ Superstar (National Theatre Group) (played Town woman)
1998-1999 ¡Qué Plantón! (played The Rose)
1998-1999 The Elephant Man (played Siamese Twin)
1998 The House of Bernarda Alba (Reading, played Amelia)
1997-1998 The Diary of Anne Frank (Played Anne Frank, won regional award for best actress in a leading role)