A while ago I had a moment of inspiration and wrote the following on a scrap piece of paper:
Together we are stronger than we are alone
Ideas for research:
- Social Innovation
- Systems Thinking
- Communities in Mexico
- Motivate to action/change
- Being able to act/understand
- To see what is missing from higher ed to real-life context (I think I meant the gap between theory and practice or real needs)
More specific ideas:
- Can the Leadership Identity Development Model be used to develop leadership identity in marginalized communities?
- Can the Social Change Model of Leadership Development be used to develop leadership in marginalized communities?
- Can theatre be used to address problems from a systems thinking perspective? Not just focusing on the characters’ problems, but in the systems that shape those beliefs, values, behaviours, etc.
On the other side of the piece of paper I draw a bubble with the word theatre in the middle and around it I wrote: higher education, organizations, corporations, high schools, non-profit, community, government. Below the diagram are two words: why? and connection.
I also have something on critical theory and dialectics but it’s not very legible. (This might have been something I wrote after having a conversation on Marx’s philosophy and how systems thinking is a model of the privileged ones…).
On a different piece of paper I had the following:
Theatre project in Mexico
- Collaboration with an independent theatre group (I was really thinking of Luna Negra)
- Input-Scenes based on social justice issues
Facilitate conversations at the end. Present these scenes to schools, businesses, etc. Record the impact.
Changing the world through theatre.